Over 170 years ago (in 1835) the firm of Perry & Phillips was established, two years before the accession to the throne of Queen Victoria. As with the rest of the world there have been substantial changes in the intervening years, and the company’s professionalism has duly developed and continues today into the 21st Century.
Perry & Phillips has always been based in Bridgnorth – having started out in Mill Street in 1835 we have traded from various premises in this lovely old market town, and in 1996 we moved back to Mill Street as part of The Old Mill Antiques Centre complex.
Since 1982 Perry and Phillips has been owned by 2 brothers: Denis and John Ridgway.
Together they built Perry and Phillips into what it is today – a friendly and easy to use Auction House. They hold bi-monthly Antiques and Collectables Auctions on the first Tuesday of alternate months at the Mill Street Premises.
Since Denis sadly passed away 2015 it has remained a family business headed by John Ridgway. He is assisted by his brother Phil Ridgway, Denis’ widow Beryl and sister-in-law Lindsey
In 1996, alongside Perry & Phillips, the two brothers founded the sister company “Old Mill Antiques Centre” which stands adjacent to the Auction House on the premises in Mill Street, Low Town, Bridgnorth. The Antiques Centre is the largest in the West Midlands, covering approx. 45,000 sq. ft. of showroom space and housing about 70 antique dealers. There is also a Restaurant on site serving snacks, meals, coffees, etc.
Experienced and knowledgeable staff offer all-embracing and professional services to Clients, Vendors and Purchasers, both locally, nationally and now with the advent of the Internet, internationally.
This traditional firm representing old values with up-to-date technology for both the Auction House and the Antiques Centre, is now trading in the 21st Century and offers a comprehensive range of professional services: